Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy For Hair Loss
Platelet-rich plasma therapy, which is also known as PRP therapy, is a treatment that involves injecting platelet-rich plasma into the skin. The patient's own blood is used during this procedure. Platelet-rich plasma can also be used for hair restoration therapy. The platelet-rich plasma is injected directly into the scalp. The platelet-rich plasma has growth factors in it that stimulate the hair follicles. This promotes hair growth.
Platelet-rich plasma therapy can be used on both men and women. It typically takes 30 to 45 minutes to perform this procedure, but the actual time can vary.
What to Expect During PRP Therapy
There are several steps involved in this procedure. The first thing that your healthcare provider will do is remove a small amount of blood. The blood will then be put in a centrifuge. This centrifuge will separate the different parts of the blood. After that, the platelet-rich plasma will be injected into the scalp.
Many people are concerned about the pain of platelet-rich plasma therapy. However, anesthetic can be used to minimize the pain. Many people compare the pain of this procedure to getting blood drawn at a routine doctor's appointment.
Furthermore, you will look and feel more attractive after getting platelet-rich plasma treatment. Having a head full of hair will make you look younger and feel more comfortable.
That is why many people feel more confident after getting this treatment.
Benefits of Using Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy for Hair Loss
Because the patient's own blood is used, there is no risk of rejection. This procedure has also been shown to be effective, for treating hair loss. Most people notice a major difference within three to six months.
This is also an affordable treatment. Hair transplants are typically more expensive than PRP therapy. Topical treatments and pills are more affordable, but they are often ineffective. In many cases, people often get PRP treatment along with getting a hair transplant.
This is a convenient treatment. There is no downtime required. You will be able to drive and return to your normal activities after your procedure is over.
Cells That Stimulate Hair Growth
- Platelet-rich growth factor, or PDGF, helps stimulate the growth of blood vessels. It also helps new skin form.
- Transforming growth factor, or TGF-B, helps control cell growth.
- Vascular endothelial Growth, or VEGF, helps new blood vessels form.
- Epidermal growth factor, or EGF, helps promote the growth of new cells. It also helps new collagen and blood vessels form.
- Fibroblast growth factor-2, or FGF-2, promotes the growth of new blood vessels and specialized cells.
- Insulin-like Growth Factor, or IGF, helps regulate activity in all of the cells of the body.
Studies Done on PRP
One of the studies done that tested the effectiveness of PRP for hair loss was published in a journal called "Stem Cells." The study involved 23 men who were between the ages of 19 and 63. They received platelet-rich plasma treatment three times over the course of 30 days.
The subjects were tested periodically over the course of 24 months. The results of the study that the men experienced an average growth of 40.1 hairs per cm^2 in the treated area. The subjects also noticed that their hair was thicker just two weeks after their treatment. They did not notice any major side effects.
Is PRP Right for Me?
PRP is a safe and effective option for hair restoration therapy. Platelet-rich plasma has also been used for many other purposes such as treating ligament and tendon injuries. There have been studies done to confirm that it is safe. However, it is important to remember that it is not for everyone.
Patients who use drugs and alcohol may not be able to get this procedure. People who have a medical condition may also not be able to get this treatment. Let your healthcare provider know if you have a serious medical condition.
Learn more about if this amazing treatment for hair loss is right for you by reading how the PRP hair loss procedure is performed.
- Will You Vote for Us?
- Get Ready for Warm Weather with Laser Hair Removal
- The Emsella Incontinence Chair—A Fix for Incontinence
- Why Should I Get a Mini Lip Pout?
- Can Emsculpt Help With Back Pain?
- How To Find The Right Facial In Salt Lake City
- Acne Fixes in Salt Lake City
- Does CoolSculpting Work?
- Non Surgical Incontinence Treatment
- Learn About Trilogy's Body Shop and the Keto Diet