The Benefits of Red Light Therapy
As our skin ages, all of us in Salt Lake City are looking for ways to avoid wrinkles and to keep our skin healthy. You may not have thought of red light therapy at Trilogy Medical Center In Salt Lake City, UT, but it’s a great option.
Re light therapy is quick, painless, and is great for all skin types. It may even benefit your overall health!
What exactly is red light therapy?
Visible light may appear white or colorless, but actually contains every color of the rainbow in it. When visible light is filtered to only let red light through, you get the red light used in this therapy. It is administered with a special hand-held device that emits the red light.
Red light is used because it absorbs into the skin deeper than other forms of light. It heats and heals cells in the body. Red light does not give your skin UV damage the way that a tanning bed or a day at the beach would. It does not emit UV rays at all. It has virtually no side-effects and many benefits.
Benefits of red light therapy
- Increases circulation, which increases nutrient delivery to your skin and decreases inflammation.
- It also helps your lymphatic system drain, getting waste away from your skin.
- Increases skin healing. If you have acne, rosacea, pain or a wound, red light therapy can speed up the healing process.
- Helps with a number of health ailments including low thyroid and restless leg syndrome.
- Aids with weight loss.
- Aids with sleep. It actually encourages your body to make more melatonin, which helps your body to fall asleep.
- Decreases the appearance of wrinkles by increasing collagen and elastin production. Collagen is a protein found in our bodies that makes our skin elastic, firm, and plump. It naturally decreases with age. By stimulating collagen, the appearance of aging is decreased.
- Feels painless. Isn’t this what we all want? A treatment that feels good while we are getting it? So many beauty treatments involve feeling some pain, but not this one.
- Doesn’t involve drugs or chemicals.
- Is gentle enough for any skin type.
- Doesn’t require downtime.
- Results will continue for weeks after treatments.
The benefits could go on and on! Getting this treatment is really a no-brainer. It’s easy, painless and the benefits are many.
- The red light can be glaring and can cause headaches or eye strain if you look directly at it. Wear protective eyewear or keep your eyes closed during this procedure to avoid this.
Do you need multiple treatments?
You will see results after one treatment but these results will gradually fade away. If you do on-going treatments, you will maintain your results and see more results over time. It also depends on the severity of the condition you are treating. This treatment can be done often. Some people do this treatment a few times a week. Others do it weekly or monthly.
At Trilogy Medical Center we love Red Light Therapy and offer it by itself or as part of our "Dashian Glow Facial". Call us at 801-747-2273 for all of the details or to schedule a treatment.
- Emsculpt—Burn Fat and Build Muscle at the Same Time
- The Benefits of Red Light Therapy
- The O-Shot
- Do I Need a Chemical Facial Peel?
- Neurotoxins and Fillers Explained
- Meet The Cool Girls Duo Kat and Kirsten
- Meet Shauna Leonard- Trilogy's New Physician's Assistant Injector
- Under Eye Filler (Tear Trough) Treatment
- How to Choose an Injector
- What products do I use for my skin type?