Ok, ladies, let’s get real about a new treatment in Salt Lake City at Trilogy Medical Center that could change your life for the better— the O-Shot. The O stands for orgasm and the 30 minutes it takes to get this procedure done could change everything for you!
Ok—question for you. Now be honest here. Have you ever faked an orgasm? If you have, know that you are not alone. Most women have! But it doesn’t have to be that way. Sexual health is important, it’s time to stop faking and to start truly living!
At Trilogy, we are passionate about women’s health and want women to be able to talk about all aspects of their health, especially sexual health. Why is talking about this part of us so taboo? But it is. The majority of women experience some kind of sexual dysfunction, yet very few
What is the O-shot?
The O-Shot is a shot in the vagina which will help to create stronger, more frequent orgasms. Every woman deserves this!
What is the procedure?
Numbing cream is applied to your vagina. Then, blood is drawn out of your arm. Your blood is spun in a centrifuge, separating the platelets from the rest of your blood. The platelets are called PRP or platelet rich plasma. Then your doctor injects the PRP into the vagina near the clitoris at the O spot.
How does it work?
The PRP is a healing balm for your body. It stimulates new cell growth, collagen, and blood vessels. It basically regenerates healthy vaginal tissue. All of this adds volume to that area, increasing sensitivity and stimulation.
Benefits—there are many!
- Increases sexual desire. Wow! Who would have known this was a medical issue that a few platelets from your own body could increase?
- Tightens the vaginal opening
- Increases natural lubrication
- Decreases pain when having intercourse
- Creates stronger, more frequent orgasms
It can also help with urinary incontinence, a problem that many women who have given birth have, whether we admit it or not.
Basically, the PRP makes you younger from the inside out!
When does it start to work?
The O-shot works differently
How long does it last?
Positive effects from the O-shot last about 18 months.
Does it hurt?
This is the big question, isn’t it? No woman wants a shot in that highly sensitive spot. Women who have gotten this procedure done describe it as less uncomfortable than a pap smear with very little pain. For one woman, her pains was a 1 on the 1-10 scale. The numbing cream works. Pain is not an issue with this procedure. Sexual health services are here to improve things, not make them worse.
What is the aftercare?
You can resume normal activities—running errands, light exercise, work—but you may be sore for a few days. You may need to ice the area and take some Tylenol. After about 3 days, you should feel better than new!
- Emsculpt—Burn Fat and Build Muscle at the Same Time
- The Benefits of Red Light Therapy
- The O-Shot
- Do I Need a Chemical Facial Peel?
- Neurotoxins and Fillers Explained
- Meet The Cool Girls Duo Kat and Kirsten
- Meet Shauna Leonard- Trilogy's New Physician's Assistant Injector
- Under Eye Filler (Tear Trough) Treatment
- How to Choose an Injector
- What products do I use for my skin type?